Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hooked


Here are a couple of action photos from the London marathon snapped by the Alzheimer's Research Trust supporters.

People asked me what I did with the length of chain whilst I was crocheting and here you can see - I coiled it around my left wrist and then when it got too heavy I tied some yarn through the middle and attached it to my belt.

I don't know why I look so happy as my arms were really hurting at that stage (around mile 14)!

My neck is still giving me a few problems but I've had more deep tissue massage and it seems to have eased it a bit so I'm hoping I'll be able to knit again soon.

In the meantime I've been crocheting on my ripple blanket and doing some bargello needlework as I can hold my head higher doing that.

2 comments:

catdownunder said...

Hello from the knitting cat from Downunder...(I found you via Shetland Arts and Crafts). How do you manage not to drop the stitches?

Susie Hewer said...

Hi Cat and thanks for dropping by. In answer to your question - with great difficulty! When I did the knitting and running I counted stitches all the time and whenever someone nudged past me and I lost one I soon knew about it. With the crochet it took a while to get going as the loop kept falling off the hook!