There were 2 options for the thumb given with the pattern, one slightly longer than the other which is this one that I tried first.
Although it looked lovely, I felt it was just that bit too long so I decided to rip back and knit the other version.
The lower motif is the same in both versions so at least there wasn't too much to undo.
I took this photo to show how I undo stitches when doing colourwork - by inserting a needle through the row of stitches I want to rip back to.
It's quick and easy and the only thing you have to worry about is getting your stitches onto the needle the right way round.
So here's the finished version.
It's a perfect fit and I'm really pleased with it.
Now all I've got to do is knit the second mitten.
OK, OK, so I said no more skies unless there was something special about them.
Well this one is so moody I just had to show it.
I love the dark outline of the bare trees against those gorgeous colours.