Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas


Today a blog I wrote about Christmas and mum will be appearing on ARUK's dementia blog. It was a difficult one to write because this is always a tough time for me; I'll let you read my blog post so you can understand why.

This last week has been equally if not more eventful than the previous one but I really don't have time to write about it all at the moment so I shall have to write about things retrospectively as and when I can.

As a taster here are a few things; we returned to the Menuhin Hall to record some of Mike's music, had a visit from another film crew (that was hilarious!), I decorated another Christmas tree for the village church, lots of running, vile weather, magazine articles, carol-singing around the village green, knitting and crochet. Oh my, there really are not enough hours in each day!

I have also launched my outline plans for fund-raising in 2014 and even though there are still a few  details missing it's really rather exciting and will certainly test my physical and mental strength to the limit. Plus I have 2 major dementia events lined up for January and February already, one of which is fun and the other is very important and serious.

So for now I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and New Year and for anyone whose life has been touched by dementia I shall be thinking of you and leave you with this beautiful poem by Vikram Seth (Mike set it to music for soprano voice a while ago and it is glorious):

All You Who Sleep Tonight

All you who sleep tonight
Far from the ones you love,
No hand to left or right
And emptiness above -

Know that you aren't alone
The whole world shares you tears,
Some for two nights or one,
And some for all their years.

No comments: