Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It never rains but it pours!


What dreadful weather we've been having for the last week - torrential rain and gale-force winds. Horrid! The fields are totally waterlogged and yesterday was so bad that the horses just stayed in their field shelters all day, poor things. I even had to do my run on the treadmill, which I don't usually enjoy but there was no way I could have run outside.

Today, however, there was some respite. The wind died away and the sun shone all day. It was glorious and I treated myself to a 9 mile loop through the village and round Northiam. This is a view of Bodiam Castle from the village. You can just see a bit of water on the right of the photo and in the next one you can see more of it. This is where the River Rother has overflowed and not a photo of the Lake District! Thankfully, the sheep have been moved from these fields or they'd have been swimming!

I just had to take a photo of these 2 little beauties asleep in the hay manger whilst mum caught 40 winks herself. Aren't they adorable? They were born just after Christmas so were earlier than expected.

On the knitting front, I have only got another 6 squares to do then my Modern Quilt Wrap will be finished (well, apart from darning in hundreds of ends!)

1 comment:

TutleyMutley said...

I only noticed some lambs in the fields for the first time yesterday - it's so unseasonably warm I forgot that it's lambing time! Lovely pic. Where's a pic of your quilt?