Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sky 4 & a training blip

What a gloomy day it was yesterday.

The view didn't change all day with fog sitting in the valley and a grey sky.

It poured with rain intermittently just for added interest. Still, mustn't grumble as the garden needs it and it will make digging in the front much easier.

This was taken at 7:30pm and it just about sums up the whole day!

Yesterday I felt really grotty when I got up which is most unusual for me. My head felt all swimmy and whoozy and my tummy hurt so I took a day off training. I thought at first that I might have overdone the swimming on Monday as I did push myself hard but now I wonder if I've perhaps picked up a bug. Still feeling a bit grotty today so no training again.

It will probably do me good to have a couple of days rest as my body will be well recovered for the rigours of the next few days - 10 miles at marathon pace one day then another 20 miler on Sunday.

Tinker was unimpressed with the weather and spent most of the day following me round and squaking.

He isn't particularly keen to go out at the moment though as it's the season for harvest mites, to which he has a severe allergic reaction.

This year seems to be worse than usual and he's forever scratching and biting at his toes and ears, poor love. We've tried every remedy on offer but nothing seems to help. Thankfully their season will soon be over.

On the crochet front, I've nearly finished all my granny squares and reckon I need about 20 more. Then of course there's the small matter of joining them together!

No comments: