Monday, September 18, 2017

Rye Nature Reserve (a recce for the Twilight Chase marathon)

We don't know Winchelsea very well and as it is part of the beautiful Rye Harbour Nature Reserve we decided to take a walk there to check it out ahead of my marathon there (written about in a previous post as I'm still playing catch-up!).

We parked at the Rye end and walked along the tarmac track to Winchelsea and then walked back along the beach.  It was a glorious day and I'll let the photos tell the story:














Wind turbines from afar





The cerise pink of the beautiful willow-herb contrasted perfectly with the pebbles










I'm always fascinated by the patterns the tide makes






I felt a pang of jealousy when I saw these 2 horse riders as I used to love riding on the beach


I'm always trailing behind as I can't help picking up shells and driftwood!






It was a very happy day and I wanted a photo of us so we popped the camera onto a handy post and set the timer (with much hilarity as we tried to strike a pose!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a "grand day out"
Julie