Tuesday, April 24, 2018

This is it!

I can't tell you how I excited I am to be typing this.

Alzheimer's Research UK (ARUK)  and the Alzheimer's Society have joined forces for the next 12 months to create a Dementia Revolution and become the official charity partner at the Virgin London Marathon 2019.

Oh my goodness, I have dreamt about this for 13 years since I ran my first ever London marathon.  Back then ARUK was known as the Alzheimer's Research Trust and the reason I chose to support them rather than the Alzheimer's Society was that they were a small charity with big ideas, such big ideas, about research to cure this dreadful disease.  The charity has now grown into a major force in the fight against dementia and this collaboration with the Alzheimer's Society will bring dementia to the fore and give the cause the high profile it deserves.

If you check out the site you'll find a photo of me here http://www.dementiarevolution.org/run/fundraise/fundraising-tips as I gave a list of ideas that have worked for me over the years.  I also shared training tips and I expect the site will evolve over the next 12 months.

You can read more about the alliance here.

This really is a wonderful platform to draw attention to dementia.

No comments: