Sunday, July 21, 2019

One week on

Who'd have thought that after 78 miles the previous weekend I'd want to complete another event 7 days later? Well, my legs felt fine and so I emailed Kirsty to see if she fancied another marathon and she did and so we found ourselves at another LWDA event over at Forest Row for the Andredsweald circuit which headed out into the beautiful Ashdown Forest, home of Winnie the Pooh!

There wasn't a GPX file for the route so we were following printed instructions which caused even the fastest runners to slow right down as it's virtually impossible to run and read such complicated text at once. We all started with the walkers at 8:30am as we knew it was going to be a slow one. It was a very varied terrain mostly with lovely views and we had a grand day out. I don't know the names of everything we passed so I'll have to let the photos do the talking:



Race Briefing (although it wasn't an actual race!)


Off we go.....the first part of it was familiar as I did their 'Sussex Loops' event last year and the start  followed a part of the 3rd loop

Poor Bryan valiantly put up with our company again and we were joined by another chum too, Sam




These are the ruins of Brambletye House which are now used a B&B apparently


Kirsty and Sam













I think there were 5 checkpoints en-route, 3 were manned but the other 2 you had to clip your own card using a clipper suspended from a tree branch!


d


Fans of Winnie the Pooh will recognise Mole End!






We saw several families armed with sticks making their way down to play Pooh Sticks




















A proper 'forge' but it didn't look too deep



As always, it was slightly over marathon distance but nobody cared 'cos it was such a lovely day out with chums.

I've got a few weeks off marathoning now but I won't be shirking as I've started another wave of the Six Pack Revolution, but this time it's the Intensive version - eek! Here's a sneak peak at what I was up to the other day:





In my next update our sweet new rescue cat Shelley will be making an appearance. I'm also aware that I haven't shared photos from the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy or our visit to a sculpture exhibition #notenoughhoursintheday!


No comments: