Saturday, August 9, 2008

There's been plenty going on......




There's been curtain making, crochet, counted thread cross stitching, gardening, running and some knitting too. I completed the Magic poncho weeks ago but haven't got round to photographing it yet.

Here's my first ever Monkey Sock by CookieA. I realise that I am probably the last person in the blogging universe to knit them but I have been slow to catch the knitted sock bug.

I deliberately used the same yarn as she did to take me out of my comfort zone even further as I wouldn't ordinarily choose fluoro yellow or green. As it happens, I rather like the colours as they are jolly.

I found the pattern very easy to memorise and they are great for newbie sock knitters as the pattern is well written.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Funnily enough I did the same and bought the same colour to knit my monkeys. Except that mine is still sitting in my stash. I need to get something on the needles for bus knitting though so these could be just the thing. You did a lovely job of yours - they look lovely. x