Friday, March 21, 2014

Just a quicky



I'm rushing around like a headless chicken at the moment, trying to get ready to head off to Oxford for the ARUK conference next week! Very exciting.

In a moment of calm yesterday afternoon I headed out into the orchard to pick some flowers for the kitchen. I bypassed the brightly coloured daffodils and chose these really delicate white and pale yellow ones and teamed them with some leucojums, aka Spring Snowflakes.


They just looked so clean and fresh and they smell divine. When I came down this morning I was struck at how lovely they looked in artificial light set against the kitchen blind. 


Leucojums are like giant snowdrops with enormous strappy leaves. They are really happy in our heavy clay soil either in full sun or part shade and help to brighten up a dark corner.



The inside of these daffodils is most unusual with pale yellow ruffles and dangly bits!


My crochet flowers are complete now. There are pentagons, hexagons, heptagons and octagons with a couple of squares thrown in for good measure.  Now I need to outline them all and join them using the join-as-you-go method. I can't wait to see the finished article and watch my friend's face when she sees it.



No comments: