Friday, June 22, 2007

50 things I've never done before

At the start of this year I decided that it should be full of new experiences so it would be an extra special year to remember. But, I didn't write anything down so I'm just going to jot some of the things down on here as I do them otherwise I'll forget what I've done! In no particular order:

1. Do more than 2 marathons in a year (6 so far!)
2. Run an ultra marathon (over 26.2 miles) - done 2!
3. Knit a pair of gloves
4. Try FairIsle knitting
5. Knit my way round the London marathon
6. Get a Guinness World Record
7. Appear on national/local television
8. Do a live TV interview
9. Attract interest from the national newspapers (not just the local ones) for the work of the Alzheimers Research Trust
10. Make Elderflower cordial
11. Go to a performance by Michael Collins (clarinettist)
12. Knit in a public place
13. Start a blog - oh yes to that one!
14. See Peter Katin (pianist) play live
15. Run a marathon with a balloon attached to me!
16. Try willow weaving
17. Try enamelling (albeit briefly)
18. Visit the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill-on-Sea
19. Collect shells on the beach at Glyne Gap
20. Visit the Science Centre at Herstmonceux
21. Go to England's Medieval Festival at Herstmonceux Castle
22. Try my hand at 'horse whispering'
23. Win a competition (see here at Peruvian Connection)
24. Stay up and watch the Swift-Tuttle meteor shower
25 Ride a Haflinger pony (and buy one into the bargain!)



Wish List:
Knit some socks
Knit a lace shawl
Auction something on eBay
Walk or run our Parish boundary (or as near as I can using the footpaths)
Race a 5k (although I've run several, they've always been for charity and I've never actually raced to see how fast I can do it)
Make a clay pot and smoke fire it in a pit or maybe a dustbin outside
Make Rosehip syrup
Visit All Saints Church, Tudeley to see the Chagall stained glass windows
Organise a local team for the Cancer Research UK 'Race for Life'
That's as far as I've got with it but I'll come back and add things as I think of or do them. It's quite hard to think of interesting things! As I'm now officially in my 50s I shall try to complete these things before I turn 51. It will be interesting to see which, if any, fall by the wayside.

No comments: