Sunday, June 3, 2007

Phew what a scorcher of a weekend

It has been sooooooo hot for the last couple of days which was not ideal for running! On Saturday I did 17.5 miles (4 hours) on a hilly route and today I did 21 miles (4 hours 45) and was absolutely dripping by the time I finished. I went out at 6:30am each day to try and get ahead before it got too hot but as both runs took a long time it didn't really help. It's only 2 weeks until the SIS South Downs Marathon but I won't be tapering for it as it's now only 6 weeks until the Kent 50 Mile Challenge.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats to you on all your world's record and we'll be looking for you in the next GBWR. I love the cat rug by the way. ;0)

I read your blog all the time and am really encouraged by your training regime. Great job and for a very worthy cause.

Deedaa (Linda in Oregon, USA)

Susie Hewer said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Linda xxx