Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a glorious weekend

The weather this weekend has been unseasonally warm. It seems wrong to complain but I do worry that global warming is taking it's toll. Putting that to one side we took full advantage of it and I enjoyed a lovely 20 mile run this morning along the lanes. I had intended to go across country but the fields are just too sodden and it would have taken even longer than usual.

When I left home at 7am the sun was just thinking about getting up and I headed off towards Bodiam bathed in a pinkish/Amber glow. This photo was taken looking from the front of our house.

By the time I reached Bodiam the sun was just peeping out over the hills.



There had been a heavy frost and the ground was covered in a shimmering white carpet which appeared golden as the sun's rays spread across it.






Bodiam castle looked almost pink in this eerie light.

From Bodiam, I headed off towards Northiam and did some circuits in that area before heading for home. Although it had been very cold first thing, I was sweltering by the time I got home at 11am. The day was just too gorgeous to be indoors so Mike and I headed out for a 5 mile walk along the river Rother. It may sound strange, having just run 20 miles, but it really helped to stretch my legs out.

On the knitting front, most of the ends have been woven in on my wrap and I must get Mike to take a photo of me wearing it. I am very pleased with how it has turned out as the colours are so beautiful.

I have decided not to embark upon my FairIsle project straight away and instead I am going to attempt my first ever pair of socks - the 'Sea Wool Bordello socks' using Fleece Artist yarn, colour 'Origin'. I got in such a tangle winding the skein into balls but I got there in the end! I'm not sure that the colour shows up very well in the photo - it has shades of plum, mauve and gold and looked pretty in the skein. I'm just off to cast-on now.

1 comment:

Heldasland said...

Good luck ,I've just finished mine,