Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another 20 miler

Phew, that was a tough run today.

I decided I'd better do a 20 mile off-roader as my 3rd marathon will be across the South Downs so I headed out towards Salehurst via Bodiam. The weather was kind to me as it was much milder than it has been of late although the ground was pretty sodden and muddy in places.

I'd love to say that it was a wonderful run and that it was easy but it jolly well wasn't either. It hurt like mad and I had to dig really deep to keep going and not just take a short-cut home. At least I did it anyway.

I had to indulge in a couple of glasses of a nice red wine this evening - for therapeutic reasons of course!

I should add that I did enjoy the countryside despite the rubbish running. The catkins are fully out now and look stunning against the dark branches. Snowdrops are coming out with a vengeance. I saw my first weasel of the year darting across a lane - they are really cute and not at all like Kenneth Grahame's characters in The Wind in the Willows. I stroked several horses, dogs and a cat. Saw 2 herons and watched the lapwings soaring an diving down in the valley.

Hmmm, on reflection, perhaps it wasn't that bad after all.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hi Susie,
Sorry to contact you via your blog, but I can't seem to find an email address for you.

I work for Knit Today magazine, and we'd really love to feature a story on your charity knitting/running. Would you mind emailing me at marieparry@originpublishing.co.uk so we can discuss?

Best wishes
Marie