Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fumbling along

The cushion front is now finished and waiting to be attached to its backing.

I outlined the flowers and leaves in the same colour that's on the curtains and then created the background by following the same outline in a lighter colour to give it a sense of flow.

The backing fabric needs machining together and then I can attach the crochet panel to it. I've chosen a suede-like fabric which was leftover from another project and matches the background of the curtains perfectly.

I think I might create a crochet border once I've attached the panel but I don't know quite what just yet - perhaps leaves or maybe a daisy chain effect. I'm sure I'll find the right thing when I need it.


In the meantime I'm trying to get to grips with a new crochet stitch and I'm not getting to grips with it at all!

It should look beautiful but I definitely haven't mastered it yet.

Hey ho.

No comments: