Saturday, January 26, 2019

Update Time

I finally received the yarn I needed to finish my Hyrggir sweater and I love the result. I haven't worn it yet as it's not quite dry but it's turned out just how I wanted.




My socks are finished and I love them too. I like the length and they are so soft and warm. No idea what the yarn is as it was sitting in my stash without a label (bad girl!).










Still no running but Mary is doing her best to sort me out with weekly sessions (ouch!) and I've been doing my exercises and stretches 5 times a day without fail. The downside is I can't do my usual yoga classes as I'm not allowed to go barefoot at any time, even when nipping to the loo in the middle of the night!

I have gel inserts in my trainers, which in themselves are really well cushioned 'cos of my arthritis, and so I'm not feeling too much pain which is great although there are a couple of ouchy bits in my heel. The other thing I'm using is this lightweight compression sock which gives a bit of extra support and feels quite comforting too.




I'm being remarkably well behaved and not whingeing about not being able to run, probably because I'm so busy enjoying the fitness challenge I'm doing. It's taking my mind of not running and getting me fit at the same time so it's a win-win situation. I hope to be able to visit a podiatrist some time soon to get some more advice on how to get better as soon as possible. It's been 4 weeks since my last run and I'm hoping that I'll be back out there by the end of February (fingers crossed etc) if I keep doing everything I'm told to do and take good care. Wish me luck please!

In the meantime I'm enjoying Kate's latest club, Knitting Season, which you can read about on her blog. So far there's been an oversized jumper, which I love, 2 gorgeous hats and then yesterday the one that got me ordering the yarn pack, Ard Thir, and I bet you can guess which colourway I chose - yep, the one with purple in. This pattern uses Kate's latest yarn to be released and the colours look beautiful so I was powerless to resist. I'll be watching every day for the postman so I can get started.

No comments: