Thursday, September 26, 2024

Saxons, Vikings and Normans

What's she going on about history for, I hear you say! Well Saxons Vikings and Normans is the name of the Race Director with whom I have been running for many years now. So over the next 3 days I will be running 3 marathons with my favourite Race Director, before he and his lovely wife retire and their lovely, friendly and inclusive events will disappear. There will undoubtedly be tears all round as they have played such an important part in my running journey. Without Tills and Rachel I never would have attempted 236 marathons/ultra marathons including a 100 mile event. As a leaving gift I'm giving them this plaque that hung on the dining room wall of my childhood home. It was issued in 1966 to commemorate the Battle of Hastings in 1066 so it seemed perfect!
Now I'm hoping this works so I can start blogging again on a more regular basis!

No comments: