Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year to everyone!


May 2011 be a happy, healthy and peaceful year for everyone.

I made a start on Two last night and I quite like the effect of the eyelet pattern. Apart from the heart pattern which comes next, it is a very boring stocking stitch pattern so I'll probably alternate between this and some bargello. I quite like to have some mindless knitting on the go as it's useful for if I'm watching TV and I don't need to worry about colour changes or counting stitches.

My first run in 2011 went well. I had to run 6 miles at my target marathon pace so I found a route that had at least a few (actually 3.5 miles) of flat ground which made it a bit easier. It's quite hilly round here and so chugging up the hills can really slow my pace down. I felt OK afterwards but I was quite sluggish this afternoon. I need to shake off this post Christmas lethargy!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Hi, Susie,

I'm writing an article for Twist Collective magazine (an online publication) on knitters who are also runners, and would love to include you in the article. Would you mind answering a few questions via email, and if possible, sending me some photos to include? I'm in awe of your running and can hardly believe you manage to knit at the same time...I only just finished my first marathon, and I can tell you there was no yarn involved a-tall. Pulled muscles, but no yarn...

You can email me at leeann DOT balazuc AT gmail DOT com. Thanks!

Susie Hewer said...

Hi Lee Ann,

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and I'd be happy to answer your questions. Well done for completing your first marathon! I'll email you now.