Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's a hoot



At last, a photo of my Owls sweater! Please excuse my just-washed hair-do but this was a very hurried shot.

I decided to only give alternate owls their eyes and I quite like the effect (although I do have enough to give the other owls their eyes if I decide to).

It's such a clever and simple design, as all the best designs are and a very quick knit indeed.

On the training front, this week saw the start of my 16 week schedule for the Liverpool marathon and it is radically different from usual high mileage plans. This plan has less runs but each run is much more focussed. On the non-running days I have to cross train doing something such as cycling (I use a static bike), rowing or swimming (I haven't swum for about 15 years and am absolutely rubbish so I may not be doing this!). The idea is that you are not just running 'junk miles' for the sake of clocking up lots of miles and the cross-training keeps you fit whilst giving your running muscles a break.

As I've always ended up injured when I've done speedwork plus high mileage it has to be worth a go. We'll see anyway.

At the moment I'm playing around with patchwork hexagons for a cushion cover and I must take some photos of them. It's great fun and uses up those small bits of fabric that you can't bear to throw away but are too small for a major project.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love it! My school mascot was an owl and I've loved them ever since.
And the colour is fantastic.
Good luck on the Liverpool marathon. The training plan sounds like a good one.

Shan said...

I have been wanting to knit an owl sweater for ages but I don't think it will be a flattering design for me....I am kind of stocky and definitely top-heavy. Maybe I'll adapt one for my daughter instead! Yours is gorgeous.