Thursday, May 26, 2022

Bits and bobs

I have done lots of crafting in the last few months, all undocumented I'm afraid but I can show a couple of things:

Mike's cardigan aka Cable central! As the body is knitted flat, all in one go, it was really heavy by the time I'd finished. The sleeves are done so I just have to do the buttonband and collar and I'm afraid I'm procrastinating with that as someone mentioned that each row takes about 40 minutes - OMG!



So I've been experimenting with some more advanced, but simple enough for a beginner, Macrame and produced my first small hanging:




It took me a while to get into the rhythm of the knots but I finally relaxed into it and enjoyed it. The video I was following was very good, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVwjAswyfaY and it was easy to pause it whilst I copied the tutorial. It's mounted on a stick of cinnamon but you could equally use a driftwood or piece of dowel.

Mike commented that it's just another yarn hoarding opportunity (he's not wrong!).

I'm deliberately not knitting anything for my self until I've finished Mike's cardigan as I'm too easily distracted but I do have a few things waiting in the wings with this as my first 'me' project:




It's 'Floatside' by wool and pine and I've chosen a delicate pale green/turquoise Fyberspates yarn. I was impressed by how it was posted in a shrink wrap which made the package much smaller and easier to fit through a letterbox:



It soon went back to its normal size when I removed the packing.



I really, really, want to cast-on. I can resist, I can resist - repeat!!!

Mrs Duck made her usual nest in her favourite pot, digging out any plants in her way! She laid 10 eggs and sat on them for 2 weeks before the Rooks/Crows/Magpies raided her nest one morning when she was having her breakfast. Her cries of distress were heart-breaking, poor love:




There were 2 more attempts from other ducks but they didn't go well either so I'm not sure we're going to have any ducklings this year.

No comments: