Monday, August 13, 2007

Chevin Esther



I know I haven't finished my write-up about my course but I just had to show these photos of the new addition to our little family - Esther the beautiful Haflinger mare. She's 16.5 years young but with not too many miles on the clock as she has mostly been used as a brood mare and has bred 5 foals.

For many years she lived at Springmead Haflinger Stud then for the past 12 months she has lived with Liz and her daughter Evie where she has had great fun attending Pony Club Camp this past week. Evie is now ready to move onto horses and expand her training whereas I am mostly a 'happy hacker' these days so Esther and I are well suited.

Mike was busy DVDing her arrival and then our first hack together the next day. Here's the pair of us heading out to get her used to her new surroundings.

She was spooked by almost everything on her first outing which made for a lively ride! However, I'm confident that it's just a case of getting acclimatised to her new surroundings and we'll soon be having great adventures together.

No comments: