Friday, August 24, 2007

A Peruvian Prize

Oooer missus, I've won first prize in a photo competition! It was run by Peruvian Connection and you had to send a photo of yourself wearing something from their collection, not necessarily from the current one, and just give some brief information about the occasion. We were going out to look at a new horse a while back and I wore a jacket I bought from them last year so Mike took a photo of me standing in the back garden and it won, beating off competition from all over the world. Here's a link to the winning photo and you can see the other winners too if you press the arrows. I really love their clothes and they have a good work ethic of fair trade with the South American artisans with whom they work.

I don't think I've ever won a competition before in my life and we could hardly believe it when they phoned to let us know. Guess what the prize is? £500 to spend on their lovely clothes. Just imagine if I had that amount to spend on knitting yarn.............stash heaven!

What? Mum's won a prize? But she's nowhere near as pretty as me!








Well, I hope she gets some more carrier bags, I just love this purple one.

1 comment:

Heldasland said...

thats so fantastic, the cats look so cute.