Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sometimes life just takes over.........

There has been so much going on in the last few weeks that I simply haven't had time to blog and I realised today that I have actually missed it! Following the 50 mile challenge I took a week off running before gently easing back into a very gentle schedule to let my body recover.

Then I had a week away at West Dean College doing my willow weaving course (my special birthday present from Mike), which was absolutely wonderful and I will write a full account with loads of photos in the next couple of days.

Also, I've been trying to find a new pony as I had to retire Red because his back legs are really stiff and he has a sore bit on his back. He'd probably be fine with a lightweight teenager on his back but I don't think Kizzy, my pony, would forgive me if I sold him. So I decided to look for a horse for hacking and possibly endurance riding - as I now run long distances myself it really appeals to my sense of adventure. I've been looking at a Haflinger as not only are they beautiful but they are built for strength and distance (a bit like me!). I may have found one and am just awaiting the vet to check her over.

Knitting has taken a back seat for the last 6 weeks or so but I did manage a couple of inches on the remaining glove whilst I was away. I never really knit much during the summer months.

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. I'm always surprised that people come and read my blog and it's lovely to hear from you all.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Have no fear...I read your blog every couple of weeks and enjoy the heck out of reading about your exploits.

I can't wait to see the photos of the willow weaving class.

Linda in Oregon