Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tie mi kangaroo down, sport (sic Rolf Harris!)

So I don't post anything of interest for ages and then I come up with a seemingly non-sensical title!

Well, there is a very good reason for the title - the lovely Sue from Kangaroo in South Chailey has very kindly agreed to help with our antics on World Wide Knit in Public Day on 13th June.

She has very generously offered to provide me with some lovely purple yarn (colour of the Alzheimer's Research Trust) with which to knit and also to hold a collection in aid of the Alzheimer's Research Trust at the Lewes Carnival on WWKIP day. What a star! Thanks Sue.

For anyone who lives in and around Brighton or Lewes, it's well worth checking out the Kangaroo website as they hold many and varied courses there and the instructors are very good. I actually attended an intarsia class there just before I did my first ever Fair Isle project and that was how I learnt how to knit with yarn in both hands - it's so much easier seeing someone doing it in real life.

On WWKIP day we have permission from Brighton Council to hold a collection in the afternoon and so Paul and I will be riding the tandem up and down the cycle lane along Brighton seafront with me sitting on the back knitting! Sarah, Mike and anyone else who's available will be shaking their collecting tins at the passers-by.

It would be fantastic if any local knitters could come and join us.

I am ashamed to say that the poor Oregon cardigan is still languishing in my knitting bag as I have lost my knitting mojo completely at the moment. I know it will come back so I'm not worried and in my defence I have lots of other craft projects on the go at the moment plus I'm spending all my spare time in the garden. Did that sound convincing? Please feel free to give me a virtual kick up the backside to get me knitting again!!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Susie - I'm so sorry and do owe you a huge apology for not donating sooner. My only excuse is that life gets in the way some times. I wish you the best of luck with your continued efforts to raise funds for such a worthy cause. I'll be at the StitchnBitchLondon WWKIP Knit Crawl this year again and I know it will be too much fun. Linda

Linda said...

P.S. My kniting mojo is hiding under the couch and won't come out no mattef what I do. Is this like writer's block?