Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Nearly Christmas!

I still love Christmas and always get excited when we decorate the tree even though there's the threat of Omicron looming large and threatening to spoil things.
Unfortunately one set of lights packed in, an illuminated decoration died and Shelley pulled a few off for good meaure - hence the gap! Thankfully we found an old string of white lights and added them to cover the bottom section. I finished the Skog jumper, with help from Shelley of course, and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out:
The collar was knitted twice the desired height and then folded over and stitched on the inside:
My long-stemmed pins were perfect for this. I didn't block the whole sweater again and just steamed the seams to slacken them:
My Christmas project is the Shift cowl by Andrea Mowry https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-shift
I rummaged through my stash and found 4 skeins of yarn I'd bought at Ally Pally a few years ago to make a small neck shawl but never actually made it! I'm enjoying working on this as a nice change from stocking stitch in 4ply! I've also been getting my craft room in order and in my rummagings found this piece of a mohair sweater I'd started but decided I didn't like so I've unwound the yarn and sorted it into balls ready to be repurposed.
I've also decided that I'm going to have a go at Macrame at long last. Mum used to do it in the 1970s but I never tried it for some reason so it's about time I had a go.

No comments: