Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Excellent Customer Care

These were the first socks I'd ever knitted and I was so proud. I overcame all obstacles, got the fit right, managed Kitchener stitch on the toes and finished them at the beginning of March.






The yarn I used was Fleece Artist Sea Wool and it came with a free sock pattern which I used.










So you can imaging my disappointment when 8 weeks later this is what they look like. One sole has totally worn away and the other is thinning rapidly.

Although the yarn is machine washable I have taken care of them and washed them by hand each time.

This was not a cheap yarn by any stretch of the imagination and it cost £15.93 including postage so I decided to email the manufacturers Fleece Artist in Canada. I also copied the email to Sue at Kangaroo where I bought the yarn.

This is where the excellent customer service bit came in. I had emails from Sue and from Fleece Artist within a few hours. Sue assured me that Fleece Artist are good at after sales service and to let her know what happened. Fleece Artist apologised for the problem, told me they would contact the spinner to find out what had gone wrong and offered to send me a new yarn which has 20% nylon in it (which she reckons should hold up better) free of charge. I'm not sure that the nylon will feel quite as nice but we shall see.

Anyway, I couldn't have asked for better service and now although I'm disappointed that my first ever socks have worn through, at least I feel that my complaint has been dealt with professionally.

1 comment:

Tina - omme i London said...

That really is amazing customer service. 20% acrylic is brilliant in socks as it really does last that bit better. I'm sure you'll find the quality and feel will be good. Oh and WELL DONE on the socks, by the way. Excellent first attempt - even good if you were a seasoned sock knitter. I think you're a natural!