Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Blue Sunday

I've been very good and rested my injury much longer than I would usually. However, I had to get out and run this morning.........but I was soon back home in tears after 5.5 painful miles. The flat bits and downhills were OK but the uphills were so painful. It hurt most when my hip flexor was engaged so it seems as if my old riding injuries are coming back to haunt me again. My groin was very sore indeed and I was quite upset. Thankfully Mike was around to give me a big hug and say all the right things to make me feel better.



Barney wasn't impressed and pulled his tongue out at my sore groin!

I left a message for Mary Massage Lady in the vain hope that she might be able to fit me in before her holiday and she has just phoned to say she's had a cancellation for tomorrow morning. Phew! She will no doubt inflict great pain but I'm hopeful that she'll get to the bottom of the problem.

We spent most of the afternoon in the garden and there were loads of insects buzzing around including a male Banded Demoiselle (Damselfly). It's body was the most amazing irridescent turquoise. (picture from UKsafari.com)

No comments: