Friday, September 23, 2011

Sky 34 and a little visitor

I'm still crocheting the edging on my blanket but not much more to do now.

I'm halfway round the second mesh then it will be another double crochet round in brown, then one or two in pink then a final round in brown with a picot edge.

Then a jolly good blocking to sort out any wavy edges.

When I went to open the curtains in the lounge this morning I noticed something large and black along the bottom of the skirting board.

From a distance I thought it was a spider as it's that time of year when they are particularly active indoors but it looked a bit too long in the body. Closer inspection revealed it was a Devil's Coach-horse. Now what on earth was he doing in our lounge?

Anyway, I got our spider catching equipment, which consists of a large plastic glass (that sounds wrong!) and a piece of cardboard and I put him outside where he gave a threatening display for me.

I remember the first time I saw one I thought it was a scorpion and ran off to get my mum!


It was a beautiful day yesterday and the sunset was glorious too.


Today is the September Equinox, also known as Mabon or Harvest Home heralding the days during which night conquers day.

It will be interesting to see what changes, if any, there are in the colours of the sunsets.

No comments: